You don’t have much time for lunch, but you’re starving?
Then this recipe from weightlifter Nancy Ludwig is just right for you! You need just five ingredients and only one pan. The chicken provides enough protein, the chickpeas provide you with the necessary carbohydrates and plenty of vegetables may not be missing.
“I eat this dish almost every day. It’s easy to prepare and also goes super fast. What’s more, you can vary it very well if you don’t want to eat the same thing every day,” Ludwig smiles.
And if you don’t have time to get to the stove at lunchtime, this dish is also great for meal prepping.
For 1 serving
- 1 can chickpeas
- 300 g frozen vegetable mix French style
- 150 g chicken
- 30-40 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How it works1. dew the vegetables in a pan over medium heat and then fry them some more. Then remove the vegetables from the pan.
2. Heat some olive oil in the same pan and fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides.
3. Rinse the chickpeas under running water, add them to the chicken and fry them for a few minutes.
4. Season the chicken and chickpeas with salt and pepper.
5. Return the vegetables to the pan and mix well.
6. Chop the feta and sprinkle it over the vegetable pan. When the feta has melted a little, the meal is ready.
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
The chicken and feta can easily be substituted with vegan replacements. And the French-style vegetable mix isn’t set in stone either – you’ll be spoiled for choice there.